Various personal facts
1. Born in Annapolis, Maryland USA. Best known as a seaside port town that houses the US Naval Academy. That was the closest I have been to the military.
2. Grew up in Ellicott City, Maryland a small town half way between Baltimore and Washington D.C..
3. Have two younger bothers, one living in San Francisco, CA the other Manhattan, NY.
4. Inherited a set of colored pencils from my Mother. 'Everything looks better with a bit of color' she would say. She was right.
5. First computer was a TRS-80 model 1 in 1980. Brothers and I learned BASIC programming this way.
6. My first real camera was Nikon FG given to me by my uncle at age 15. To this day, one of the best cameras I have used. I learned to appreciate Kodachrome and T-max film with this.
7. In 1984 enrolled in the School of Architecture at the Catholic University of America in Washington D.C.
8. In 1988 graduated with a degree in Engineering from Catholic University.
9. Ironically, my fist job after getting my engineering degree was in an Architecture firm in Baltimore. Some of the best professional experience I have had.
10. In 1989 travelled to Europe for the first time. I was certain I would live in Europe at some point after that.
11. Discovered Netscape and the WWW in 1994. Things have never been the same after that.
12. Moved to Sweden in 1996 to work at R&D Department at Vattenfall AB. Learned a great deal about creativity, innovation and concept development here.
13. Start working in 2001 Vattenfall's e-Business group that managed all internet related activities.
14. Diagnosed with bone cancer in my left leg in 2002.
15. After two years distance learning and one summer session, graduated from Warwick Business School with my MBA in 2003. MBA concentrated on innovation and creativity in the workplace.
16. In June 2004, my left leg was amputated above the knee. The saddest day of my life.
17. In September 2004 I got my first prosthetic leg.
18. In March 2005 married to Malin. The happiest day of my life.
19. In May 2005 I got my fist running prosthetic, also known as the Cheetah.
20. Living happily in Vasastan in Stockholm with Malin.
21. Presently work as a Experience Designer and UX Team Lead at Episerver AB in Stockholm.